Reply Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 29-01-2011, 22:37   #1 (permalink)
jpf566

Going Tableless and having some issues! Please Halp!

So I've been reading a lot about CSS and tableless web design and I really really want to master this. I'm working on a website and WOW everything seems way harder than it should be. Trying to figure out what my problem is..maybe I'm thinking about things the wrong way? See below for link, does that seem like a logical way to set up a tableless design?

My current issue. On the bottom footer..I'd like those images to Align to the BOTTOM of the div. WHY IS THAT SO HARD?! Ha or am I just looking at it the wrong way? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Untitled Document
Old 29-01-2011, 23:41   #2 (permalink)
dh
aka Mr Hound

The easiest way would be to add style="margin-top: 20px;" to the img tags for the left and right image forcing them down.

Change the 20px to whatever is the difference in height between the left and right and the middle image repectively.

This is inline styling and some may dissaprove but it is easy.
Old 29-01-2011, 23:44   #3 (permalink)
dh
aka Mr Hound

Or if you wanted to center them horizontally change the 20px to half whatever is the difference in height between the left and right and the middle image repectively.
Old 03-02-2011, 22:31   #4 (permalink)
pieman44
Way Fresh

Getting things to snap to the bottom of the browser window in divs is faffy, in involves doing things that are tempremental and i have found work fine then just stop working for no reason. Its the biggest difference between divs and tables, you kind of lose the ease in which tables can fill a browser, divs are a tad different but they are hard to learn from scratch as its a totally different way of thinking about building a page.