Reply Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 17-06-2010, 06:31   #1 (permalink)
John Tanedo

Web design: The art and the Science

I canít stress enough how much I love web design. Ever since the first time I designed a website were I was using old table styled html and uploaded it on classic geocities, I was hooked!

The rush seeing your design on a monitor screen is what made me realized that this is what I would like to make as my bread and butter.
For me web design is an art like music and painting. Like art you use your God-given talent and combine it with the skills that you learn from hard work, to express what you feel.

The internet is a canvass were web artists express there creativity and imagination. It is the medium in which you show people your art.

Photoshop, jquery and flash is like an artistís brushes and colors that is used to give life to what your about to unleash unto the canvass.
And lastly codes like css-xhtml and php is the poetic drive and knowledge or the hands, eyes and mind for detail of an artist.

But it is also a science because it has to be done in a manner that involves logic, techniques and structured procedure.
At least thatís what I thinkÖ :P

So what about you guys? What is web design for you?
Old 17-06-2010, 08:04   #2 (permalink)
JohnnyHa
Designer

Just a way to express my fantasy and ideas
I listen to music and get the ideas from music itself. Then i sit in photoshop and just design the ideas i get from the music

I also love scripting actually. I love writing code that is 100% validated and really clean. I never get inspired by other sites, i try to push the envelope. Do something others never have tried before. I like when people get back to me and say "Oh my god !!!" Just an awesome feeling cause i have created that "oh my god" feeling
Old 17-06-2010, 10:00   #3 (permalink)
akosiJILL
Old SOUL

Send a message via AIM to akosiJILL Send a message via MSN to akosiJILL Send a message via Yahoo to akosiJILL Send a message via Skype™ to akosiJILL
yeah. exactly man.

web design can be really addictive. I love it when I see my designs on screen running beautifully and smoothly. :-)
Old 17-06-2010, 11:14   #4 (permalink)
d*d
Keeping Tom Happy

Design in any medium is not art, it is not about self expression.
Old 17-06-2010, 11:20   #5 (permalink)
Dusty
You Ecks

Have you not seen John Tandedo's website though D*D? Its got paintbrushes and art all over it. Looks like he proved you wrong.
Old 17-06-2010, 11:35   #6 (permalink)
scrooble
One Pint or Two Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Tanedo
So what about you guys? What is web design for you?

Beer tokens and new shoes for the missus.
Old 17-06-2010, 12:05   #7 (permalink)
Klang
Going out West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusteh
Have you not seen John Tandedo's website though D*D? Its got paintbrushes and art all over it. Looks like he proved you wrong.
John Tandedo is a leading figure in the 'Abortionist' movement.
Old 19-06-2010, 10:44   #8 (permalink)
johns123

web designing is an art which we perform before code the sites,it's the implementation of our imaginations in actual..
Old 23-06-2010, 09:58   #9 (permalink)
klevis miho

From the creation in photoshop, then css-ing it, then coding php from scratch. I love clean commented code. I love structured files that make a website. I love the challenges in webdesign, and when I solve them, I feel very happy . I love experimenting, trying new things. No way is the best way, you always learn better ways, and you always learn.
I love webdesign