Reply Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-06-2006, 03:03   #1 (permalink)
mathias
ui

> Illustrator, stretching text

I use Illustrator CSII and have an odd problem with text boxes actually stretching the text in them when I resize the text box, using the normal select tool. Sometimes it'll stretch text, sometimes it won't. It's not legacy text either, I realize Illustrator's type engine was re-done with version 11, but it aint't text from v10, so what gives?

I end up having to edit>cut the text from the box, then resize it, and paste it back in. I shouldn't have to do that, though.
Old 04-06-2006, 09:44   #2 (permalink)
pedge
Crazy diamond...

If you just click the type tool on the page, and later try to resize the box it will distort the text. Holding shift when stretching will constrain the text proportions; not using shift will really distort it.

If you click *and* drag a box first, then type inside it, the text won't stretch since you've created a box (like in Indesign) rather than a text object.

You're basically creating & stretching a text object when you just click, if you click & drag first then you're just creating & resizing a text box and not the actual text.

Hope that helps (and makes sense)!
Old 21-06-2006, 07:36   #3 (permalink)
mathias
ui

So you know what I'm talking about eh...

<>Pedge, thank you for the help, I really appreciate it.

-Pink Floyd. What's the deal with Floyd? I DL'ed 'Dark Side of the Moon' and 'The Wall', and couldn't even listen to either one in full length. Spliff required?
Old 22-06-2006, 13:34   #4 (permalink)
illvibe
say werd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathias
<>Pedge, thank you for the help, I really appreciate it.

-Pink Floyd. What's the deal with Floyd? I DL'ed 'Dark Side of the Moon' and 'The Wall', and couldn't even listen to either one in full length. Spliff required?

hahahaha.

sorry.
Old 22-06-2006, 22:34   #5 (permalink)
pedge
Crazy diamond...

Lol, The Wall probably needs a spliff but DSOTM should be 100% pure - try 'Wish you were here', thats got some good stuff on it that should do the trick...