Old 08-06-2011, 22:29   #1 (permalink)
shofty

Zzzzzzzzzz

you write shit like this.

Apple - iOS 5 - 200+ new features for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch.

Quote:
taking a mobile operating system that was already years ahead of anything else

really, light years? not even an inch. in fact you're now robbing features off android, cos you've realised your own acknowledgement system is wank.
Old 08-06-2011, 23:48   #2 (permalink)
fading vision
feigned enthusiasm

Android simply doesn't exist to Apple fanboys.
Old 09-06-2011, 00:07   #3 (permalink)
drik
techno drik

what's android?
Old 09-06-2011, 08:14   #4 (permalink)
niggle

Quote:
Originally Posted by fading vision
Android simply doesn't exist to Apple fanboys.

Of course it doesn't. That's because the Apple fans are still living in 1982, when desktop computers cost £3000 and you had to buy them from an "authorised reseller".
Old 09-06-2011, 08:23   #5 (permalink)
Shiro
社長

Seems to be doing well for them.

Jaypan | Ramenities
Old 09-06-2011, 08:35   #6 (permalink)
niggle

Yeah, they've got barely 6% of the market, their reliability is in the toilet, iPhone sales are being crucified by android and Windows 8 is going to seriously threaten their one remaining big seller, the ipad.

The other 95% of the market, a segment known as "everyone", don't really notice all the jumping up and down and shouting that Apple and their zombie slaves do most of the time. That's because PC owners don't do any jumping up and down and shouting - we don't have to, because our stuff really does "just work".
Old 09-06-2011, 08:55   #7 (permalink)
OD

Quote:
Originally Posted by shofty
you write shit like this.

Apple - iOS 5 - 200+ new features for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch.

really, light years? not even an inch. in fact you're now robbing features off android, cos you've realised your own acknowledgement system is wank.
Well done mate, you're about to start a whole new PC vs Mac thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niggle
...because our stuff really does "just work".
You're taking the piss, right?
Old 09-06-2011, 08:59   #8 (permalink)
LittleMick
忍者シ&

Ah, who gives a fuck what Apple do and don't do. Who cares if they stole a million ideas for everyone else. There are two types of people I hate in the world: those who jizz all over the keyboard everytime Apple releases something and those who cry saying "well windows did that first".
Old 09-06-2011, 09:05   #9 (permalink)
niggle

Quote:
You're taking the piss, right?

Actually I'm not. It's quite interesting: this myth has been around for quite a while and it's surprisingly persistent. The fact is that Apple has always been close to the top in reliability surveys, but so have many PC manufacturers.

In fact Apple is not number 1 - HP/Compaq is, with double Apple's Rescuecom score for reliability. Apple's number two but the next two PC firms, IBM and Asus, are only a few percent behind.

But I wouldn't have to explain that to most PC owners. Anyone who uses a PC regularly knows that no, they're not riddled with viruses, no they don't crash all the time and no, we don't have to think twice about whether we should save our work "just in case". It's only the Apple fans who shout about this stuff - we don't because we're just quietly getting on with it.
Old 09-06-2011, 09:06   #10 (permalink)
Limbo
My van, my rules.

Quote:
Yeah, they've got barely 6% of the market, their reliability is in the toilet, iPhone sales are being crucified by android and Windows 8 is going to seriously threaten their one remaining big seller, the ipad.

The other 95% of the market, a segment known as "everyone", don't really notice all the jumping up and down and shouting that Apple and their zombie slaves do most of the time. That's because PC owners don't do any jumping up and down and shouting - we don't have to, because our stuff really does "just work".

Yawn.
Old 09-06-2011, 09:12   #11 (permalink)
niggle

Quote:
Yawn.

Exactly. It is boring. The fanboys spend their time shouting about stuff which Windows users have taken for granted for years. We don't yell about reliability, ease of use, widgets, instant messaging, multitasking or any of that other stuff because we've pretty much always had it. So it seems very odd to us that people would get excited (and pay triple the going rate) for that boring stuff.
Old 09-06-2011, 09:15   #12 (permalink)
Limbo
My van, my rules.

I yawned because I use Windows and Mac daily - and I couldn't give a shit about peoples tiresome opinions on the matter. Just get used to the fact that on this subject people don't agree and leave it at that.
Old 09-06-2011, 09:20   #13 (permalink)
niggle

Agreed.

I'm PC based because I need a lot of power cheaply and to be able to change and upgrade components at low cost. I'm quite attached to my laptop but the rest of it is just tools in a box. I don't understand why the Apple fans feel the need to bash that - they seem really insecure to me.
Old 09-06-2011, 09:30   #14 (permalink)
OD

Quote:
I don't understand why the Apple fans feel the need to bash that - they seem really insecure to me.
I don't understand anyone arguing about PC vs Mac, for the simple reason that everyone's experience and preferences are different.

Having worked on both, I prefer Mac and find them more suited to the way I like to work. My "you're taking the piss?" comment stems from having nothing but trouble when working on PCs, and never a problem working on Macs.

Your experience sounds different...

But why keep banging on about Apple fans?
Old 09-06-2011, 09:47   #15 (permalink)
fading vision
feigned enthusiasm

It seems like every other designer/developer that I've worked with uses a Mac, some of them have even tried pushing their religion on me. PCs don't appeal to this crowd for the most part.
Old 09-06-2011, 09:49   #16 (permalink)
ian
éireannach

Quote:
Originally Posted by OD
I don't understand anyone arguing about PC vs Mac, for the simple reason that everyone's experience and preferences are different.

This.

It's all personal preference. I work on PCs and have done for years. I know how to get things running on them and how to use them, plus I develop in .NET at work so that rules out Apple products for me.

What does annoy me is the hype surrounding anything Apple says, does, or farts. I just don't understand that.

Oh and fanboys of Apple AND Microsoft (or anything else for that matter) who fail to see any issues with anything that they love (a bit like certain football fans and their teams) annoy the hell out of me. Everything has issues and problems, you just learn to live with them and put up with them, but don't pretend they're not there.
Old 09-06-2011, 09:55   #17 (permalink)
Paddy
Vive la Pirate Bay

Quote:
Amazing.

Most profitable PC, phone and tablet producer in the world.
Fastest growing PC producer in the world (growing massively in 2010 even as the overall PC market shrank).
Largest retailer of music in the world.
Largest mobile app store in the world.

They’re obviously fucked.
Old 09-06-2011, 09:58   #18 (permalink)
OD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian
Oh and fanboys of Apple AND Microsoft (or anything else for that matter) who fail to see any issues with anything that they love (a bit like certain football fans and their teams) annoy the hell out of me. Everything has issues and problems, you just learn to live with them and put up with them, but don't pretend they're not there.
But there's no point arguing with these people, because they're so enshrined in their belief that their personal preference in machine is the best and it's manufacturer can do no wrong. There are countless flame-wars online to proove this.

I mean, I like Apple stuff, it works for me and I think the product design is great. On the flipside the prices are extortionate, Macs can be a bitch to upgrade and a nightmare to repair, and Apple's customer support is fucking shocking.
Old 09-06-2011, 10:02   #19 (permalink)
Paddy
Vive la Pirate Bay

Not to mention iTunes is a joke and the new iMacs won’t work if you put in a non-Apple (read: reasonably priced) HDD/SSD.
Old 09-06-2011, 10:04   #20 (permalink)
ian
éireannach

Quote:
Originally Posted by OD
But there's no point arguing with these people, because they're so enshrined in their belief that their personal preference in machine is the best and it's manufacturer can do no wrong. There are countless flame-wars online to proove this.

Very true. Arguing on the internet about anything is so pointless, I never bother.