Reply Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-06-2009, 01:03   #1 (permalink)
Rotuy
Christstollen

UFC 2009 Undisputed .... is sick!

If you've not got it, get it. It's the most enjoyable and realistic fighting game i have ever played in my entire life (and that includes mortal kombat).

LINKAGE

• The fighting is unique and FULL of variation
  • The characters are superb (full of the world's best!)
  • The atmosphere is like you're watching it on TV. Even at the end of a round when they're being fixed up in their corners they talk tactics and it adds to the realism
  • The knockouts are a dream. You really get a feel for what they go through and there are so many variations again. Sometimes they twitch, sometimes they're plain out cold - and sometimes a match can last a mere 10-15 seconds depending on where you hit them and how. Obviously this rarely happens but the sweet spot can come once in a while
  • The career mode is FANTASTIC!! Making your own character and taking him through the ranks of the class of your choice is enjoyable throughout. So realistic the way events, fights and sponsors come your way. If you don't make your character an all round player then you won't go far in the ring.

I could go on but it's boring as shit unless you actually give it a go. It's hard to find a good, long lasting game these days and i'm certainly going to be playing this one for a while. I didn't even like UFC until i downloa ..... bought this!

BUY IT!!
Old 05-06-2009, 08:34   #2 (permalink)
scrooble
One Pint or Two Love

Agreed mate, and I've only downloaded the demo on xbox live. Think I'll splash out this weekend.
Old 05-06-2009, 08:46   #3 (permalink)
TeZ
Elbow Patches Included

Its OK - Fight night will romp it tho.
Old 05-06-2009, 09:29   #4 (permalink)
Rotuy
Christstollen

Sound scrooble. I made my own character called "Johnneh Mate" with the nickname "Big Nasty". He's the scum of britain with tribal tattoos all over his arms and a big berr belly. Can't half pack a punch, though!

Tez- It seems they both use the the same if not VERY similar engine so it's preference that will decide the game's popularity. I've seen a few videos and screenshots of round 4 and it does look pretty sick, but there's just something about UFC that i prefer. Maybe it's the fact you can punch, kick, grapple, knee, elbow rather than just punch. And of course fight night is merely punching but i'm sure the combos will be more exciting.
Old 05-06-2009, 10:55   #5 (permalink)
Scott
sanddancer

seen that in Asda the other day, was tempted...can you play online?

I need to renew my xbox live subscription.
Old 05-06-2009, 11:27   #6 (permalink)
Rotuy
Christstollen

Sure can, Scott!
Old 05-06-2009, 14:26   #7 (permalink)
jack

Missus just got me it for my Bday!

Only got up to Strikes and throws in the tutorial, so far. Wanted to get straight into the fighting, so haven't even scratched the transitions/submissions...

There's definitely a wealth of options/fighting styles, can't think of any other games that match it in that dept.
Old 05-06-2009, 14:31   #8 (permalink)
CM_
Something

is it possible to rob this off the internest ond play on pc?
Old 05-06-2009, 15:16   #9 (permalink)
Limbo
My van, my rules.

Aint tekken 6 out soon? Supposed to be wicked.
Old 07-06-2009, 20:21   #10 (permalink)
jack

Jack Dalv (meant to be Daly) has just won the Light Heavyweight title against Wanderlei Silva!

Got a 22/8 record with my Muay Thai/Wrestler, awesome stand-up, but on the occasions I've been taken down I've had big problems. Got his defensive ground clinching up to a decent level and similar for Submission defense, so been fairing a wee bit better.

Brilliant game!
Old 07-06-2009, 20:42   #11 (permalink)
Paddy
Vive la Pirate Bay

My mate brought his Xbox round last night and we played this for a few hours. I haven't seen the career mode yet but the multiplayer is awesome. Stick on some nice bassy speakers and you can really hear every impact. So satisfying.

I'll probably be picking this up once I get my Xbox fixed.
Old 07-06-2009, 21:07   #12 (permalink)
jack

Haven't got the bassy speakers sorted, but looks great on the recently purchased 42" telly

Just had Dana White tell me the athletic commission won't be renewing my license, so i've only got a couple of fights left in me : /

Don't know what career my guy will pick up once he's finished cage fighting – gave him a skull tattoo on his forehead!
Old 08-06-2009, 13:01   #13 (permalink)
Scott
sanddancer

Got it the other day, its quality!

Need to renew my live subscription before you can beat the crap out of me online!
Old 08-06-2009, 13:33   #14 (permalink)
Rotuy
Christstollen

Boss isn't it!

It's quite possibly the only game that keeps me from playing Fifa 09 - and that takes something!

My character is a beer bellied middleweight named "Johnneh Mate". He's got scars on his forehead that have been covered up by a union jack tattoo. Had a fight with that Bisping from Manchester last night and i was nailing him with some perfect counters then he caught me on the sweet spot and i was down in one. Absolutely ROCK SOLID!

Jonneh's the pinnacle of Northern Britain. He eats pies and dole cards for breakfast!
Old 08-06-2009, 16:01   #15 (permalink)
jack

Haha classy! They don't have a choice of any Scottish destinations for the fighters to come from, so I've got my guy being born in Hannover, Germany (where my FFF mate Glenn is living) and fighting out of Rio Di janeiro (cos all the best fighters are Brazilian, innit)

6'5 Light Heavyweight, again scared face with Scull forehead tattoo. Just fucked up Rampage Jackson in my first title defense, and got Rashad Evans lined up for my second defense (who GP'd me out cold in our last fight)

Moan then!
Old 08-06-2009, 19:34   #16 (permalink)
Scott
sanddancer

ahha mine is based around myself.

6'0 tall talk and hamsome stud muffin with nice muscles that shine.

on a more serious note, i'm shite on the floor. I can't reverse/counter the moves on the ground (mostly down to not knowing how to) and lose the ground all the time, specially the fecking submission moves.

Anybody know wheres best to get the live subscription from? e.g. cheapest!

34.99 is the cheapest i've seen.
Old 08-06-2009, 20:04   #17 (permalink)
Rotuy
Christstollen

I paid 40 so you've already outdone my capabilities scott haha. Stop being a cheap arse and get it paid!

I'm shit on the floor aswell. I'm against a lot of BJJ fighters at the mo and if they get me down and are good with submissions i get FUCKED. Just sparring and increasing my submission and take down defense as we speak. Notice that your characters never age?
Old 08-06-2009, 23:52   #18 (permalink)
Scott
sanddancer

Aye, i noticed that.

'retire fighter' sort of goes out the window.

I'm at rank #2 now, every time i fight #1 i get screwed on the floor.
Old 09-06-2009, 05:51   #19 (permalink)
R.sonist
The Magic Dragon

agreed, it's a sik game, loving the flash ko's cos my guys a boxer/bjj, he sux on the ground well i mean i suk on the ground, think im about 19-5, needed a game to fill in time till fightnight round 4 comes out but i played the demo of that the other day and was let down, ufc might just do it and knock off fightnight for best beat em up game out this year
Old 09-06-2009, 09:47   #20 (permalink)
Scott
sanddancer

just bought my live subscription! 28.99