Reply Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 24-02-2013, 09:15   #1 (permalink)
joliett89

How to increase the number of visitors from Facebook

I created about 200 Facebook pages (all were linked to fully qualified domains like http://artist-name.com/), and I've been getting a steady amount of around 170 visitors a day (82% ratio; one page - one visitor a day).

In the second round, I created 125 facebook pages (these ones link to an url that looks something like this http://domain-name/artist/artist-name), and I am seeing a traffic of only about 30 visitors a day (24% ratio only).

The second round of pages is getting significantly less Facebook likes, and I think it is a matter of the domain url, that looks different. Besides that the pages look exactly the same. It the first set visitors go to a full website dedicated to what they've been looking for on Facebook, and in the second case they only get to a section of a general website, related to the their search term.

In general, I would like to find out what might be going on with this, and is there any way to increase the number of visitors to the second site. What would I need to do? Maybe add a cover to the page or something like that. Does position in Facebook search result list depends on number of likes etc?

Thank you.
Old 24-02-2013, 22:53   #2 (permalink)
marissa
MariSSa - Magazin online

the position in facebook search results depends on number of likes
Old 26-02-2013, 11:39   #3 (permalink)
RobertWoges
Banned

Maybe because of internal page linking back to your website.Normally all media will focusing only on home page domains rather than the internal or sub domains.
Old 26-02-2013, 11:44   #4 (permalink)
steveb
BitterHusk Original™

What are you doing with 200 FB pages? I think you are misusing the resource. And therefore you will be punished by the search engines for cheating. They really don't approve of what you are trying to do, whatever it is.
“You’ll become known for doing what you do. It’s a simple saying, but it’s true…The only way to start being asked to do something you want to do is to start doing that thing on your own.” — Jonathan Harris
Brine Depths
Old 26-02-2013, 11:48   #5 (permalink)
Timus
Heaven Born & Ever Bright

There is a beautiful synergy between your avatar and signature that makes it hard to disagree. So I won't... Sir.
Old 26-02-2013, 12:22   #6 (permalink)
steveb
BitterHusk Original™

I thought I needed a little more gravitas as word has been going round that I may be merely some kind of jester or joker, a midnight toker.
“You’ll become known for doing what you do. It’s a simple saying, but it’s true…The only way to start being asked to do something you want to do is to start doing that thing on your own.” — Jonathan Harris
Brine Depths
Old 19-03-2013, 12:18   #7 (permalink)
serviceproz
work order management

if your website is some content based. Like you post content there on daily basis. Try to share that content link on facebook pages.
Old 27-03-2013, 07:15   #8 (permalink)
RobertWoges
Banned

hi , it is bcoz of not updating the pages regularly.You should update your pages in a regular interval of time.Atleast 2 or 3 days once .if you are not updating it then there wont be any visitors.
Old 27-03-2013, 09:16   #9 (permalink)
pantherlights

Creating 200 FB pages is a daunting task. I don't how many weeks or months you did this. Let alone that 125 in the second round.

Getting visitors from FB depends on content quality. You need to update those 325 pages regularly so that they are fresh to visitors.
Old 29-03-2013, 15:17   #10 (permalink)
vitaliykoloswdl

Send a message via AIM to vitaliykoloswdl Send a message via Skype™ to vitaliykoloswdl
Best option is get likes from real users and join relevant groups having similar interest your Facebook Pages. Communicate with groups and add new friends, active in discussion etc
Old 30-03-2013, 12:38   #11 (permalink)
Geetha gowda
Banned

Making more friends and sharing our thoughts ,requesting to like particular links we can make the more number of visitors from the face book.Facebook is user friendly and so all people use. Now a days social media becoming more popular.So thruogh doing regular activities we can get more visitors.
Old 01-04-2013, 10:17   #12 (permalink)
friendsfocus

Hi
To increase visitor
Go for facebook, twitter and linkedin its is best to increase the members.
Old 02-04-2013, 11:42   #13 (permalink)
critprod45ss

Yes your are right. But i also suggest you to collect visitors from twitter and google plus. This is also most important sites for social media platform.
Old 20-04-2013, 11:32   #14 (permalink)
charleisol

nice post... got to know informative tips
Old 23-04-2013, 09:55   #15 (permalink)
Carman
Banned

Get more no. of likes from genuine users...
Old 10-01-2014, 06:00   #16 (permalink)
senabhijit
Banned

Join groups having similar interest your Facebook Pages and get likes from real users. converse with groups and add new friends. Update Quality, informative, content, funny, new ways of doing things make people share and like which will ensure organic traffic....
Old 22-04-2014, 03:38   #17 (permalink)
ruellesmith

Send a message via Yahoo to ruellesmith
There are tons of way to do that and you can find so many resources now on how to increase the number of visitors from Facebook. You can always try to join facebook groups similar to your niche. You can also send people a message containing your fb link and ask them to like your page if that is something that interest them.

Old 31-05-2014, 06:41   #18 (permalink)
Williamschmit
Banned

By simply just updating the Facebook page on regular basis could have provide you with thee best results. But i have seen most of the individuals do really lack of new strategies and new approach to tackle the market. In fact people just need new and elegant designs as for such post new content off your company and just share quality product relating professional website design and you could have get the best results.
Old 16-06-2014, 13:45   #19 (permalink)
Alnitech

200 pages.. Not too much?
The number of subscribers is a common problem for all page owners. There are some advices for any social networks:
1) As stated above regularly post articles/relevant news/funny memes etc. at least 2-3 times a day. It is the most important point.
2) Join groups similar to yours and follow/like people from these groups or with similar interests.
3) Hold a lottery and hand out prizes/bonuses for like/share.
4) Be active in discussions on your own pages.
5) Be interesting and amusing posting your content.
I believe that's all..
Old 16-06-2014, 14:04   #20 (permalink)
roto
Well...BYE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alnitech
regularly post funny memes
Please, no.