Closed Thread Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-10-2011, 08:57   #1 (permalink)
Gaurav01

Why alexa ranking is increase..?

In last few days my website Alexa ranking is increase and i don't know why? so any one can tell me what is the reason of increase Alexa ranking..?

Old 24-10-2011, 07:06   #2 (permalink)
Gaurav01

Hey,

No buddy knows that or my question you can't understand...

Old 18-11-2011, 19:52   #3 (permalink)
robertmarks62

What is Alexa?

Alexa is a web information company which keeps track of traffic on websites. On the amount of traffic that websites get on daily basis they assign a rank to each website. In simple words having a better alexa rank means you have good traffic.
Why you need to improve alexa rank?

Few reasons why you should consider improving you rank are given below.

If you want advertisements, then first thing that advetisets will look at will be your alexa rank. They will get an idea about how many visitors you are getting.
If you want to write paid reviews or paid blogposts then also alexa rank plays an important role along wiht you google page rank

Now it turns out that you can improve your alexa rank by not actually increasing the traffic to some extent. Obviously you will eventually need to increase traffic to make it more better. Below are some of the tips that I have applied to improve my alexa rank. Hope these tips will be helpful to you too.

1) Use Alexa Toolbar
Create an alexa toolbar for your blog/website by visting alexa.com and install it on your browser. Its found that alexa sees how many visitors have their toolbar installed.

2) Review Your Site and Ask Friends/Readers To The Same
Create an account on alexa and claim your website after that write a review about your website, update contact info. Also if possible ask your friends/readers to write a review for you too.

3) Ask Frinds/Readers To Install Toolbar
Consider asking you friends/readers to install your toolbar because as said earlier alexa keeps a watch on visitors having toolbar installed. More visitors with toolbar better the alexa rank. You can also try to install toolbar on your school/college computers.

4) Use Social Bookmarking Websites
Social bookmarking websites like stumbleupon,reddit,digg are a great way to get some good traffic towards your website. Consider using any or all of them to drive more traffic to your website, which will eventually increasing your alexa rank.

5) Use Alexa Rank Widget
Create a widget for your alexa rank and place it on your blog/website. It is found to improve alexa rank too.

6) Write On Alexa
Last but not the least try to write something about alexa. Make a category just for alexa if possible.

Old 28-11-2011, 12:02   #4 (permalink)
Elia5678

Your Alexa rank is increasing (meaning bad) or decreasing (good)?
I don't think you should get so hasty on courting Alexa like the previous user has stated. Alexa is just one parameter beside the PR and the analytics you can provide on demand to anyone who wants to advertise.

Old 12-12-2011, 12:29   #5 (permalink)
BenNorman

It could be because other sites have overtaken you in the ranking, not necessarily a problem with your site.

I wouldn't get too hung up on Alexa though.

Old 09-03-2012, 07:24   #6 (permalink)
Gaurav01

Thanks guys for your great response......

Old 13-03-2012, 06:38   #7 (permalink)
harjos

If you get backlinks from sites that have good Alexa ranking, you can get good rank. Alexa crawls backlinks to a site, so if you have good backlinks, you can get good ranking for your site. You can also check your competitors backlinks and if possible create backlinks from the pages they have.

As site increase its traffic then alexa ranking will grow. You site gets positive effects. So don't worry.

Old 18-06-2012, 11:40   #8 (permalink)
dezebo

Alexa Traffic Rank is traffic rank of a site. The traffic rank is based on 3 months of historical traffic data collected from the users of Alexa Toolbar. Also combined with different traffic data source and page views. Alexa also counts the number of visitors and number of page views of all the sites for Alexa traffic rank.

The main Alexa traffic rank is based on the data generated by this two sources. The change is determined by comparing the site’s current rank with its rank from 3 Months ago.

Old 05-07-2012, 13:10   #9 (permalink)
Gaurav01

Alexa count only organic traffic is it right or wrong..........?

Old 21-07-2012, 12:12   #10 (permalink)
Hardwell
Banned

The Internet has radically simplified international trade. The flip facet, however, is that it's currently easier for criminals to steal your cash. Cyber crime is consistently increasing, with thousands of phishing and scam sites making an attempt to steal people's data and cash. In such a state of affairs, users are increasingly changing into choosy concerning sites with whom they require to try and do business- and rightly so. Naturally, everyone prefers to alter the foremost trusted sites. On the net, highly ranked and highly visited equates to trustworthy. apparently, these 2 criteria are interlinked. If you get one the opposite one automatically follows.

Old 16-10-2012, 06:58   #11 (permalink)
agarwalsscs
SEO Strategist...

Send a message via Skype™ to agarwalsscs
As much as you get traffic, it help your site to improve Alexa Traffic Ranking.... So your site is doing a great work

Old 01-11-2012, 06:52   #12 (permalink)
Gaurav01

No, If i get Direct traffic then Alexa was up but when i get traffic through searches Alexa down....

Old 02-11-2012, 10:34   #13 (permalink)
Stephenbolt

It signifies that your website is running in good condition. Congratulations my friend, keep it up.

Old 09-11-2012, 09:56   #14 (permalink)
rogerkrish
Banned

May be u can done somework of off-page seo..by that you got the alexa backlinks like any web 2.0 pages, forums, social bookmarkings, directories etc etc....

Old 13-11-2012, 16:00   #15 (permalink)
Famina

when you get back links the alexa Rank will be automatically decrease.... you must doing Forums, Blog Commenting, High PR directory, Social Bookmarking...

Old 14-11-2012, 04:19   #16 (permalink)
agarwalsscs
SEO Strategist...

1.Share your posts on Social Networking sites
2.Update your blog regularly
3.Commenting and Backlinking

Old 14-11-2012, 09:20   #17 (permalink)
rogerkrish
Banned

Hi Famina,
Excellent quote..yes you are absolute right.."when you get back links the alexa Rank will be automatically decrease" its an perfect work in SEO..thanks to share this useful information..Every one need to know this hidden truth...

Old 16-11-2012, 04:36   #18 (permalink)
agarwalsscs
SEO Strategist...

ya Femina .I agree with You..

Old 27-11-2012, 14:57   #19 (permalink)
angelina733

Definitely you are loosing your traffic therefore your website's Alexa rank is increasing your should focus on social media sites to get good figure of traffic then i hope you can reduce your Alexa rank figure.

Old 25-01-2013, 10:33   #20 (permalink)
orangecountyseo
SEO Orange County

Alexa is a cover pointer. In other words it tells you what your site traffic has been in relationship to other sites. It is a tool to help you know the contact it has been getting and help you direct moving forward. The ranking itself will not do anything for you.

Closed Thread