Reply Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 31-07-2008, 21:51   #1 (permalink)
davychase

Playing swf and flv on iphone/ipod touch

It seems that there is no way of playing flash files on apple iphones or ipod touch currently. This is my biggest disappointment with my recent purchase. I use a good few flash based sites, the flash elements just appear as a small blue cube.

I read on a few posts that many of the reasons for not being able to play flash is due to the platform hardware of the iphone, and also some legal/license reasons.

Surely someone can come up with some kind of flash player alternative that can link in with the iphone safari browser! Or does someone need to come up with a rival to flash for the iphone that can be used for both interactive animation and video streaming.
Old 06-01-2009, 07:49   #2 (permalink)
pavgater01

This tool can meet your needs: Aunsoft SWF to Go.
Its name is strange but can do this trick that can help you convert flash/swf files to iPod, iPhone videos.
It is used to convert swf/flash files to videos compatible with many kinds of digital devices such as iPod, iPhone, Apple TV, Zune, Xbox360, BlackBerry, Mobile Phone, PPC, etc.
What's more, you can choose the profile just according to the specific device such as iPod, iPhone, Apple TV, Zune, etc. to get the right format.
I make no guarantees on it, just think it's useful to you.
Old 06-01-2009, 10:02   #3 (permalink)
hawken

Quote:
Originally Posted by davychase
It seems that there is no way of playing flash files on apple iphones or ipod touch currently. This is my biggest disappointment with my recent purchase. I use a good few flash based sites, the flash elements just appear as a small blue cube.

I read on a few posts that many of the reasons for not being able to play flash is due to the platform hardware of the iphone, and also some legal/license reasons.

Surely someone can come up with some kind of flash player alternative that can link in with the iphone safari browser! Or does someone need to come up with a rival to flash for the iphone that can be used for both interactive animation and video streaming.

Not aware of any mobile phone that plays flash properly in a mobile browser, so don't be disappointed just yet, you're hankering after something that's not yet possible. Flash is incredibly processor intensive.
Old 24-04-2009, 11:16   #4 (permalink)
justmore

actually, you just need to convert swf to a iphone/ipod supported format, and I know moyea swf to video converter can do this well, with which you can convert online swf url and offline swf files to all kinds of formats including MP4 for iphone/ipod, maybe you can have a try.
Old 28-09-2011, 09:56   #5 (permalink)
littlejacksonhe

just google search iPad 2 Video Converter - How to Convert Video to Play AVI, WMV, FLV and more on iPad 2
you will find a step by step guide on How to Convert Video to Play AVI, WMV, FLV and more on iPad2

it also applies to play flv, avi, wmv and more on iphone,ipad and ipod