Old 02-08-2011, 22:55   #1 (permalink)
Alex{R}
Code Monkey!

Send a message via ICQ to Alex{R} Send a message via MSN to Alex{R} Send a message via Yahoo to Alex{R} Send a message via Skype™ to Alex{R}
facebook games

Just out of curiosity.. I have a facebook clone/social network site project coming up, how would I get the Zynga games to work on this site? Is it possible? Do I need to get in touch with Zynga Games? My client is really keen on having these games on his site. Any info is appreciated.
Old 03-08-2011, 00:44   #2 (permalink)
calder12

Fuck Zynga? They are the shittiest developer on Facebook (not that any of them are brilliant but it's a shit platform too). If and that is a big IF they even respond I'd expect a huge fee for even considering talking to you.

The fact that their games are designed to work with FB's platform essentially means you'd have to somehow mimic FB's core code, if you managed to figure out how to do that they'd sue your ass into next week and then some.

If you want a developer set your sites a little lower than a billion dollar company with no soul.
Old 03-08-2011, 01:37   #3 (permalink)
PKRob

I agree with Calder especially since you should be able to embed any Java based game on a normal HTML page.
Old 03-08-2011, 03:43   #4 (permalink)
Alex{R}
Code Monkey!

Send a message via ICQ to Alex{R} Send a message via MSN to Alex{R} Send a message via Yahoo to Alex{R} Send a message via Skype™ to Alex{R}
Noted. I feel the same way towards facebook, but everyone I know and their brother is on there. So what do I do, any recommendation to other game developer websites that might be willing to let me use their games for this site?
Old 03-08-2011, 10:13   #5 (permalink)
PKRob

I don't know if they're any good or not but you could start here.....
addictinggames.com/embeddable-games
Old 03-08-2011, 11:07   #6 (permalink)
d*d
Keeping Tom Happy

Zynga games are made to work specifically with the facebook API, contacting Zynga would be a much better idea than asking a fourm