Reply Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-07-2009, 00:05   #1 (permalink)
sandwichman

Creating thumbnails in a pdf portfolio

Hows it hanging guys and gals. Ive been navigating this site for a while, and it seems that many of you seem to know what your talking about. So I've got a quick question for you all. Im building a pdf portfolio to showcase my design and artistic skills, and I was wondering how I should go about with creating thumbnail images in order to open larger image files. That question may seem like a tounge twister, but thats the best I can explain it. I hope to hear from you guys soon! much love
Old 12-07-2009, 00:12   #2 (permalink)
marksk01
Got to start somewhere

Send a message via MSN to marksk01
Dont know an exact method, but could always have thumbnails linking to an image "page" later on? with a 'back to' button aswell
Old 12-07-2009, 00:48   #3 (permalink)
Mandy Moo
Graphic Developer

I would do as Marksk01 suggested, use Indesign, layout the thumbnails then turn each one into a interactive button and set behaviour to take the viewer to the correct page.

If you want it to open new windows rather than taking the viewer to the correct page on the same PDF, you could create hyperlinks from the thumbnail on the PDF to a url destination where you're storing the larger images.

There might be other ways but that's all I can think of.
Old 12-07-2009, 01:15   #4 (permalink)
sandwichman

awsome, thanks a lot guys! Im flattered on how fast I got your replys. I will be sure to try that out after I get off work
Old 12-07-2009, 01:26   #5 (permalink)
jg9

Send a message via Skype™ to jg9
Don't create the PDF through Disitiller if you're using links though as they don't work, you need to export from Indesign.