I am fairly new to laravel and I'm trying to build an 'add to basket' script. It consists of 3 tables.
- basket - id, session_id
- basket_product - id, basket_id, product_id
- basket_options - id, basket_id, product_id, basket_product_id, opt_val, opt_name
Basically I am trying to insert to all 3 tables when adding a product to basket:
- Firstly it inserts the current session id to 'basket'
- Then inserts the product_id & basket_id to basket_product
- Then inserts the options & IDs to basket_options where basket_product_id = basket_products.id
The reason for the basket_products having an id and using it in the basket_options table is because the same product_id may be in there several times if someone wants to buy the same item but with different options attached
I have tried using basket_product as a pivot table and doing
$Basket = Basket::find($basket_id);
[/php] (what happened to code tags?)
But to then run the next part (inserting options) I need to have the id of the pivot table
My question is a) how would I get that ID b) is there a better way of doing this all round?