Animation Tutorials?

alzer81
alzer81
here me now..Posts: 3,970 in Motion Graphics
So i've given myself the challenge to learn animation. Not sure what program I should use, but i wanna try shy away from any coding. Ideally it would be used to aimate my illustrations so something that works nicely alongside vector graphics.

Anyone got any tips or tricks, or free courses? I have access to Lynda.com, any decent tutorials on there?

Cheers

Al

Comments

• calder12
    calder12
    Senior Member Posts: 13,496
    Adobe has that new Animate, looks decent.
  • LeakySandwich
    LeakySandwich
    Tumult Hype is good for keyframe animation. I have used it to output web animations in the past and it works in a very similar way to After Effects.

After Effects is probably the biggest offline animation software. I have only ever used it at a basic level to move things around and make quick videos, but there are people doing amazing things with it, and lots of tutorials online.
  • alzer81
    alzer81
    here me now.. Posts: 3,970
    Yeh, i think im probably gonna roll with AE and see what happens.
  • willtoo
    willtoo
    .O_o. Posts: 2,497
    Yep, AE. Prepare to lose some hours... :)
  • alzer81
    alzer81
    here me now.. Posts: 3,970
    Eh, its a complete head melt. I've only spent 1.5 hrs on it but i seem like I know less now then i did before I started
  • willtoo
    willtoo
    .O_o. Posts: 2,497
    Haha, yeah it's a fairly deep program, but, stick with it mate. ProTip: forget the illustrator shortcuts you know - P does not = Pen, still try it to this day :) Throw C4D shortcuts into the mix and you start to lose years off your lifespan...
  • demt
    demt
    Senior Member Posts: 1,612
    http://clipstudio.net/en/?app=SP1DEED0&ver=162

animation software sure has evolved and this seems light years ahead as a software package cheap too, workflow supposed to be excellent and its user friendly and beginner friendly to
    Ive tgot to be right as ive bought it and its fun so far + its going 1/2 price and is not particullary heavy on the wallet for what it does