AMP website design for better SEO

envigo
envigo
Digital Marketing Services in UKUnited Kingdom / IndiaPosts: 27 in Web Development
Hello Guys,
We just completed implementing AMP on a project offering Car Services. Till date I have not seen any site coming up in AMP results for service offerings. Mostly they are news and media results.

We submitted our AMP pages yesterday and waiting for our results. But meanwhile I am very curious if it is working for any of you?

I want to know have any of you successfully created a AMP version on any working website with a commercial service for which AMP or accelerated mobile pages are working and delivering good results?

Please help.

Comments

• envigo
    envigo
    Digital Marketing Services in UK United Kingdom / IndiaPosts: 27
    No one ?
  • calder12
    calder12
    Senior Member Posts: 13,421 edited February 20
    I've glanced at AMP and that's about it to be honest. I spend a lot of time performance tuning sites I build. Until this becomes a big thing I'm just going to continue doing that to the best of my ability. I have enough other things to learn that influence my day to day workflow and the product I deliver to add something to the list I'm not sure is going to really catch on. Here's another thing I'm glad I didn't bother investigating much: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wireless_Application_Protocol
  • envigo
    envigo
    Digital Marketing Services in UK United Kingdom / IndiaPosts: 27
    calder12 wrote: »
    I've glanced at AMP and that's about it to be honest. I spend a lot of time performance tuning sites I build. Until this becomes a big thing I'm just going to continue doing that to the best of my ability. I have enough other things to learn that influence my day to day workflow and the product I deliver to add something to the list I'm not sure is going to really catch on. Here's another thing I'm glad I didn't bother investigating much: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wireless_Application_Protocol

Hmnn good answer. No wonder I did not find many people answering this thread. So experts are waiting to see the benefits of AMP and whether it stays around.. It could be like the Google authorship scandal. They raised such a chaos around it and then we we did get into the groove finally it was scrapped.

• calder12
    calder12
    Senior Member Posts: 13,421
    I'm not sure I'd term myself an expert, but that's my feel anyway.
  • justin789
    justin789
    What are the effects AMP pages in today's business. ? Do you know
  • envigo
    envigo
    Digital Marketing Services in UK United Kingdom / IndiaPosts: 27 edited February 24
    justin789 wrote: »
    What are the effects AMP pages in today's business. ? Do you know

Yeah, we have a big artile here about the effect of AMP on businesses. If you care to read the full article there you go.

https://article.wn.com/view/2017/02/22/Google_AMP_Project_and_its_SEO_benefits_Case_studies_and_SEO/
  • Shiro
    Shiro
    社長 Posts: 15,040
    It's something I've been interested in building, but I haven't done a site for which it's appropriate yet.

There are also the facebook fast loading news articles (can't remember what they call it exactly. I wonder which would be a better application of time, if only one can be done. Has anyone build those?