workflow management software

Matt_e11
Matt_e11
Grammatically inconsistenPosts: 5,070 in General Discussion
Does anyone use a work flow management software?
Any recommendations? Ideally something that automatically creates a job number for each new piece of work that comes in. All work Currently using email to receive briefs and an excel spreadsheet to assign and store a job number. Currently on job 2981! Just having problems with people not filling in briefs correctly, not giving the correct deadline.

Any help or recommendations will be much appreciated!

thanks

Comments

• Pete Nice
    Pete Nice
    Gorzilla Posts: 5,217
    We've been using Slack for the past few months which is really great for communication between account and creative teams - it's eliminated internal email completely. You can also bring clients into private channels so it really speeds up amends and ongoing dialogue.

We've just started using Function Fox which is project management software - early days at the moment but seems pretty good. We're triggering notification from Function Fox directly into users channels on Slack when ever a job is created and briefed.
  • switchMode
    switchMode
    I'm using asana at the moment. Arrangement is workspace > project > task with discussion/calendar/tagging and a todo list style tick off when something is complete. It's basically a great replacement for emails all over the show.
  • calder12
    calder12
    Senior Member Posts: 13,421
    I'm using Freedcamp which is sort of Asana on steroids, or at least compared to the last time I used Asana. It doesn't do anything like job numbers though so maybe it's not what you're looking for. It has really nice task lists that can be assigned to anyone and deadlines set, etc.

Fuck email. I have one client that does that and it dries me batshit trying to find any damn thing.
  • Matt_e11
    Matt_e11
    Grammatically inconsisten Posts: 5,070
    Cheers will look into these. Even if some can't create a job number and its still a manual process it will cut out email and make things run a bit smoother having everything in one place.