New Web Designer

shoey
shoey
So I am finishing up my very first web design class now and was curious, as a new web designer what is the number one thing to remember when coding a new website?

Comments

• switchMode
    switchMode
    edited December 2016
    However good you think you are, there is always someone doing it better. Find and eliminate them.
  • alzer81
    alzer81
    here me now.. Posts: 3,977
    Try to remember how to code. That is vital.
  • calder12
    calder12
    Senior Member Posts: 13,504
    switchMode wrote: »
    However good you think you are, there is always someone doing it better. Find and eliminate them.

I'd add that making it look like an accident is always helpful.

• sara8987
    sara8987
    hi everyone,

I am happy to joining knowledge forum among all, thank you....
  • RenaeFab
    RenaeFab
    Hi Everyone, As a Web Designer it so nice to be here, Chatting with my co- Web Designers, Sharing Ideas and Strategies. It helps each and every one to enhance each of our Skills about Web Designing. Keep commenting and posting. God Bless!
  • cybernext
    cybernext
    CyberNext Posts: 9
    As a new designer, you can first concentrate on the basics like CSS, CMS, types of designs, latest designing trends etc. Later you can go to topics like user-friendliness, developers issues, flat designs etc.
  • Limbo
    Limbo
    Established Norm Posts: 27,389
    Terrible advice. Awful.

Read. Read about design. About type. About colour, spacing, alignment, grids.

The trends and technicalities come and go. Design theory is the foundation you need. Applicable ideology you an apply to any situation. (where's the design basics thread?)
  • calder12
    calder12
    Senior Member Posts: 13,504
    ._. Hey @Limbo what is different about designing for a CMS as compared to any other type of site? Thought I'd ask an actual designer that question.