What were the web design trends of 2016?

KapilArora
KapilArora
MumbaiPosts: 17 in Web Design
Hello Friends,

I am planning to design my own website, can you please suggest me new web design trend of 2016? What do you think which all trends will continue to even amaze visitors in 2017?

Comments

• alzer81
    alzer81
    here me now.. Posts: 3,946
    4px corner radius buttons. Everywhere. However I feel people might reduce that to 3px for the coming year.
  • Dusty
    Dusty
    You Ecks Posts: 11,545
    I'd go as far to say buttons in general. Buttons have been a big trend in 2016, you can't visit a site this year without seeing a button now.

Next year, I'm confident buttons will continue to amaze visitors in 2017.
  • Dusty
    Dusty
    You Ecks Posts: 11,545
    Oh, and the comeback of the horizontal rule.
  • Limbo
    Limbo
    Established Norm Posts: 27,227
    Animated meatspin triangles.
  • Nick
    Nick
    Cream of DT Posts: 18,101
    Retaining walls.
  • handcraftedweb
    handcraftedweb
    thought leader Left coastPosts: 6,618
    Scroll bars. Buttons too. And graphics. Graphics are awesome.
  • Klang
    Klang
    Ray fucking Purchase Posts: 17,207
    Racism
  • handcraftedweb
    handcraftedweb
    thought leader Left coastPosts: 6,618
    Scrollbars are better than racism.
  • KapilArora
    KapilArora
    MumbaiPosts: 17
    Thanks everyone for your suggestions. What I noticed from the reply to this thread is I need to give more importance to Buttons, graphics, and I think color combination also need to be looked after.
  • Limbo
    Limbo
    Established Norm Posts: 27,227
    No. Don't.
  • sathyakumar
    sathyakumar
    sathya technosoft team having lot of web design experts and they design the website in latest technologies @ low cost
  • alzer81
    alzer81
    here me now.. Posts: 3,946
    Yes!
  • steveb
    steveb
    BitterHusk Original™ Järvenpää FinlandPosts: 24,038 edited December 2016
    Colour combinations were known even to the ancient Romans*. Those are the colour combinations we recognise as combinations rather than Tibetan maroon and green and crimson or Mexican style red green purple brown blue yellow pink like some kind of wedding festival where everyone tries to wear the outfit which most offends human sensibilities.

Europeans have different preferences. My prediction for 2017 is black and white, combined with grey. Thin yellow frames around monochrome images are permissible. In the age of Trump, no-one can afford to let the use of colour betray their gay lefty remainer affiliation.

* Combinazioni coloriæ importante est
  • jonasstuart
    jonasstuart
    Trends change very frequently, it come and go. Some of them stay for years and others don't fit in the market. A trend might be just entering one market, while it’s in full bloom on another market and fading in a third. As a graphic designer we need to pay close attention to the changing trends of Graphic design. So, some of the major graphic design trends that we can expect to see in 2016.Check this articles.Why You Need to Aware Graphic Design Trends 2016
  • Mentorshouse
    Mentorshouse

1. Create a Habit Loop

Microinteractions are the key components of habit loops. As a refresher from Interaction Design Best Practices, habit loops work like this:

Cue (the microinteraction) — Trigger that initiates action
    Routine — Familiar user action
    Reward — Reason for completing action

As shown in our UXPin prototype above, Facebook’s red box and whitened icon (cue) indicate there’s a message, which makes the user click the icon (routine) to chat with their friend (reward). After awhile, users automatically click when they see the red box/white icon and a habit forms.

The stronger the reward, the more stronger the habit becomes.
    2. Design for Repeated Use

Because they’re integral in habit loops, design them with staying power. What’s cute the first couple of times may become old or annoying after a hundred times.
    3. String Together with a Theme

Connect your microinteractions with similarities, such as a single color or type of animation. Consistency increases recognition and strengthens brand identity, like The New York Times using their own logo as a loading animation.
  • Threeboy
    Threeboy
    Make sh*t everyday CanadaPosts: 50
    Animated goatse transitions from page to page HTML5/CSS3 compliant of course.
This discussion has been closed.
© Copyright 2003 - 2016 - DT