Font display problems on Chrome

Kristian
Kristian
Hi,

First post - this site looks like a valuable resource!

Having problems with google fonts displaying on my site.

If the font is installed on my machine Chrome gets a conflict, but only on my laptop (win10 - desktop is Win7) and only on Chrome (tried both 54 stable and 56 canary). If I turn off the font it displays normally, however I can't ensure the font won't be active on my viewers machine.

I'm using the display method, the code is visible on kristian.co.nz
Have I done something wrong? Or has google? I think it was google.

tumblr_ohbllvo9K91r95mdqo1_r1_500.png

Cheers,
Kristian

Comments

• Kristian
    Kristian
    Interim answer - use an obscure font.
  • handcraftedweb
    handcraftedweb
    thought leader Left coastPosts: 6,728 edited November 2016
    I see Open Sans specified (styles.css line 37) but I don't see where it's loaded. Hence, you get 'san serif' (the browser's choice) if the machine doesn't have Open Sans on it.

Google is never wrong.
  • Kristian
    Kristian
    edited November 2016
    Thanks for looking handcrafted, you were sharp to pick that up but it appears you misread my question.

Changed the site font from Roboto to Open Sans. It loads on all pages, perhaps you looked while I was developing. The issue however wasn't that my site was displaying a generic sans serif - it was displaying that corrupt piece of shit pictured in the 3rd panel of the image I posted earlier.
  • Kristian
    Kristian
    edited November 2016
    If the code specifies a google font and you have that same font activated on your Win10 system, does it cause a conflict? What if the google font is a .woff and you have the .ttf open on your system? The problem only occurred on my win10 laptop while the same font was activated. All I had to do was deactivate the font for it to display normally. Open Sans displays normally for some reason, even when active.