Comments

• steveb
    steveb
    BitterHusk Original™ Järvenpää FinlandPosts: 24,035
    If I bought one of those, I'd keep the tag and ditch the cap.
  • StisterMeve
    StisterMeve
    Fucky-do Posts: 6,551
    Agreed Steve.

Nice tag.

Shit hat.
  • Sherbs
    Sherbs
    Oo-ee-oo Posts: 2,948
    PRARIRES?

• Limbo
    Limbo
    Established Norm Posts: 27,224
    Ouch
  • Nick
    Nick
    Cream of DT Posts: 18,098
    Oh, Brent.
  • bennyboy
    bennyboy
    Ah yo Boogie Down B-TownPosts: 3,756
    Assumed the typo is on purpose? Olde worlde styling? No?
  • Giraffe
    Giraffe
    toxic designer Posts: 9,798
    Haha. You'll doubtlessly be blamed for that monumental fuck up, but i have to wonder how many eyes went over that.
  • willtoo
    willtoo
    .O_o. Posts: 2,451
    I blame the printers - they're our spellcheckers, right?
  • pmek
    pmek
    Banned Posts: 9,297
    I noticed it straight away, thought it was intentional!
  • steveb
    steveb
    BitterHusk Original™ Järvenpää FinlandPosts: 24,035 edited November 2016
    I didn't notice (very ashamed of myself) but it's all I can see now. It would be a rare and invaluable printer who bothered to proofread customers' work before a print job.

I used to do it and once changed the q to a g in the word 'quide/guide' on a huge rear-illuminated transparency poster which was intended for display at the airport. The customer was livid and said that the slogan had been written by the company's sales director who had studied in the States for two years and certainly knew English a lot better than some mouse-pushing twat in a print works.

So the whole thing was redone at vast expense with 'Let xxx be Your quide to Finland'. And I got a written warning. Lessons were learned, except by the deserving.

Finns like capitalising You and Your in the middle of sentences too and continue to insist on it despite my advice.
  • StisterMeve
    StisterMeve
    I always correct things. I can't morally put out something I've noticed an error with, and no-one's had a problem with it yet.

The other day I did a poster for a clarinet summer school, and changed the word 'saxophone' to 'clarinet'. Customer was very happy with me.

They should be disappointed with themselves.
  • calder12
    calder12
    Senior Member Posts: 13,303
    Yeah honestly all my years in printing we did our best to catch errors. There's only so much you can do on some work, but on something that small I'm blown away the press operator never caught it.
  • Giraffe
    Giraffe
    toxic designer Posts: 9,798
    On something that small I'm blown away the designer typeset it with such a glaring error.
  • PointandStare
    PointandStare
    Watch it sonny Posts: 2,204
    Only time I correct typos is after pointing them out to clients and getting their written approval to change.
    Unless, of course, I've written the content in the first place then that's my problem!
  • bennyboy
    bennyboy
    Ah yo Boogie Down B-TownPosts: 3,756 edited November 2016
    Giraffe wrote: »
    On something that small I'm blown away the designer typeset it with such a glaring error.
    Some people can't spell though.
    Only time I correct typos is after pointing them out to clients and getting their written approval to change.
    Yerp, I would never change a typo without checking with client, shouldn't be updating copy without consent.

The typo should have been caught at some point, amazing it got through. Unless it is deliberate. OP hasn't been back, has he?

• StisterMeve
    StisterMeve
    I tend to correct, then let them know everything that's been altered when it goes back for them to check. They always appreciate me picking up on it, and it not being extra work for them.
  • Giraffe
    Giraffe
    toxic designer Posts: 9,798 edited November 2016
    Haha, why/how would that ever be intentional? Pretty chrarirtable question.
  • Nick
    Nick
    Cream of DT Posts: 18,098
    Oh, Bront ...