Printing a wallpaper

socreative
socreative
deal with itPosts: 8,926 in Print
Hi chaps
I'm a bit shit when it comes down to knowing decent printers.A friend of mine wants to print a large poster/wallpaper that he wants to put on the wall in his office. Dimensions are (310x150cm)
Can it be printed on one sheet or does it have to be split? And any particular print shop i have to be looking for?

thanks

Comments

• Klang
    Klang
    Ray fucking Purchase Posts: 17,252
    These boys are in your next of the woods http://octink.com/
  • socreative
    socreative
    deal with it Posts: 8,926
    They look quite good Klang but this probably is quite an overkill for what's needed. It's just a simple poster that he wants to put on the wall.
  • Klang
    Klang
    All depends how competent he is at putting things up, how he intends to stick it, how long he wants it stuck for and on what material?
  • StisterMeve
    StisterMeve
    Fucky-do Posts: 6,614
    Just contact a few. A few printers I've dealt with professionally have done me favours in the past for larger scale personal prints. Discounts and free delivery all part of the bargain, the lovely fuckers.
  • socreative
    socreative
    deal with it Posts: 8,926
    Thanks for replies guys. He's not competent at all. The way he sees it: he sends an image file to printers (and it literally is just a JPEG file), they print it and send him a roll which he will attach to the wall somehow, even with blu–tack. He's not after a high–end job as the room it goes into isn't really a luxury place.
  • StisterMeve
    StisterMeve
    Fucky-do Posts: 6,614
    Still, I got a printer to do the table plan for my wedding. Nice A1 print on quality stock, £10 delivered to my place of work.
  • Klang
    Klang
    Just any old shit will do then. It'll need to be split it two parts because of the overall width but any local print place will be able to sort it.
  • thomasdesign
    thomasdesign
    Hello,

If you want to print a large poster or a wallpaper its all about on you , you want it split or in a single sheet . Commonly wallpaper on a single sheet is size of 10*12 feet according to your requirement of size i suggest you to print it on a single sheet , it seems better....!!!