which "drag and drop" website builder?

middleWave
middleWave
i run about 5 websites/fossils and its time to update them all .i'm looking to get a lifetime subscription to one quality service with drag and drop/page building functionality, and never look back.

i have done a BIT of code and CSS before, but i really don't want to deal with that any more. there are a lot of page builders on the market now, and i'm wondering which one is the best choice for my needs/abilities. it would be nice to be able to build and design my own themes, but that's not really part of the plan. i want to 1) develop my own sites and 2) offer basic web design services for others eventually.

option 1: elegant themes DIVI - $225 lifetime subscription, on discount. this one is probably not as customizable as the others (without diving into code) but it otherwise seems super easy to use.

option 2: genesis framework - $350 lifetime subscription. this one probably offers a bit more flexibility, but requiring code to really get the best out it?

i've seen a few other page building options, such as headway, themify, beaver, etc.

advice?

Comments

• Matt_e11
    Matt_e11
    Grammatically inconsisten Posts: 5,069 edited September 2016
    middleWave wrote: »
    i have done a BIT of code and CSS before, but i really don't want to deal with that any more.

2) offer basic web design services for others eventually.

Try this site
    Easy To Learn Website Builder
  • middleWave
    middleWave
    perfect. just what i was looking for.
  • Nick
    Nick
    Cream of DT Posts: 18,151
    Learn your trade first then think about packing that up as a service.

In terms of a good pre-packaged website builder I'd start with http://www.semplicelabs.com

• middleWave
    middleWave
    sub wrote: »
    Learn your trade first then think about packing that up as a service.

In terms of a good pre-packaged website builder I'd start with http://www.semplicelabs.com

yes that is the plan. that's why i said eventually. will take a look at your link. thanks!
  • MrDaveFoy
    MrDaveFoy
    I just answered the same in another thread but I've recently been using Elementor. Until recently I'd have said to definitely go with Beaver Builder. It's really lightweight and very well supported. Elementor is newer but it's totally free and I like it a lot better. It's more intuitive and friendly, with better styling settings.

Pair it with GeneratePress premium and you have a winning combo.
  • Threeboy
    Threeboy
    Make sh*t everyday CanadaPosts: 50 edited December 2016
    http://www.weebly.com is what I put my wife's teaching website on.
  • Nick
    Nick
    No idea how people are still using Weebly - I've yet to see one work on mobile.
  • Threeboy
    Threeboy
    Make sh*t everyday CanadaPosts: 50
    Nick wrote: »
    No idea how people are still using Weebly - I've yet to see one work on mobile.
    The newer weebly templates are responsive :blush: probaly not done well, but good enough for the websites on Weebly.
  • Mentorshouse
    Mentorshouse
    Wix is a leading cloud-based platform for web development. It currently caters to millions of users around the world. They have made it very simple for everyone to create professional and beautiful looking websites with absolutely no creative limit. You don’t need coding skills in order to work your way around the interface and get yourself a nice looking website. It is probably everything you will need to get your business up and running. Moreover, the drag-and-drop platform makes everything relatively very easy.
  • Mentorshouse
    Mentorshouse
    Wix is a leading cloud-based platform for web development. It currently caters to millions of users around the world. They have made it very simple for everyone to create professional and beautiful looking websites with absolutely no creative limit. You don’t need coding skills in order to work your way around the interface and get yourself a nice looking website. It is probably everything you will need to get your business up and running. Moreover, the drag-and-drop platform makes everything relatively very easy.
  • Mentorshouse
    Mentorshouse
  • Mentorshouse
    Mentorshouse
  • Mentorshouse
    Mentorshouse
  • Mentorshouse
    Mentorshouse
  • Nick
    Nick
    Anyone know what Wix is or how many people it caters for?
    I'd be interested to find out if it is very simple to create professional and beautiful looking websites with absolutely no creative limit, and if it is probably everything I need to get my business up and running – with the relative ease of drag-and-drop?
  • Limbo
    Limbo
    Established Norm Posts: 27,293
    I'd also be interested in what Wix is or how many people it caters for?
    I'd be interested to find out if it is very simple to create professional and beautiful looking websites with absolutely no creative limit, and if it is probably everything I need to get my business up and running – with the relative ease of drag-and-drop?
  • Threeboy
    Threeboy
    Make sh*t everyday CanadaPosts: 50
    Wix? Never heard of it.
  • demt
    demt
    Senior Member Posts: 1,598
    meat spin 11 as in inches? got to be an improvement