i360

bennyboy
bennyboy
Ah yoBoogie Down B-TownPosts: 3,779 in General Discussion
Well, the i360 booking site is a mess, looks shit, performs badly. Shame as the main site is alright. And they've opened without any online discounts for local residents, good work all round.

Comments

• LittleMick
    LittleMick
    also known as little dick. The Occupied SixPosts: 8,989
    Thought you had to signup for resident membership. You only get discount on off-peak times. -http://britishairwaysi360.com/plan-your-visit/resident-membership/

I'll save my trip up on it until my folks eventually decide to come visit. 2018 will prob be the year.

Fireworks display has been cancelled for this evening due a storm heading our way.
  • bennyboy
    bennyboy
    Ah yo Boogie Down B-TownPosts: 3,779
    Yeah, you do, but their online booking isn't working 'for technical reasons'.

Will probably have little trip up it next week. I"LL REPORT BACK VERY EXCITING. Thats if we survive the storm.
  • LittleMick
    LittleMick
    Well hopefully it will be better than the wheel and actually bring in some cash. Lots of people moaned and complained when the wheel came down but barely any of them (that I asked) had been on the wheel. I have been on it. It was shit.
  • bennyboy
    bennyboy
    Ah yo Boogie Down B-TownPosts: 3,779
    I went on it too, was alright, my lad loved it. The Steve Coogan voice over was weird.

I did like the VIP entrance & champagne lounge they had, it was real classy.
  • LittleMick
    LittleMick
    Fair enough. I suppose kids would find it entertaining. Steve Coogan thing was grand for the first time.

Yeah the champagne lounge is what I aspire to. Remember hearing about people getting kicked of it last year during pride as they were doing lines of coke in it.
  • Nick
    Nick
    Cream of DT Posts: 18,152
    Their first day was a shambles apparently. Doors wouldn't open to let people on, and they overran by an hour+ meaning some people had to abandon their plans. Some reporting the ride to the top and back down was under 15mins which is a piss take.

I shall not be riding the ishaft. Couldn't give two shits about seeing the sea from higher up – seems pointless. But then I am royally fucked off that they dropped 'Brighton' from its name (we're fucking paying for it!) in favour of yet more corporate bullshit sponsorship.
  • Nick
    Nick
    Cream of DT Posts: 18,152
    I mean, the city is a shit-tip so yeah, this was a great way to spunk £46m.