Fuck On

1236237238239240242»

Comments

• LittleMick
    LittleMick
    also known as little dick. The Occupied SixPosts: 8,953
    1 - as I'm a lazy cunt at the best of times.
  • jamblo
    jamblo
    Tea Snob Posts: 5,566
    Do you have a kids/young family?
  • alzer81
    alzer81
    here me now.. Posts: 3,946 edited December 2016
    Yes. it would be the difference between coming home at 6 every evening compared to 7. But the difference in $, about 30% more.

From a risk perspective, i'd say the second option isnt really that risky. They are in really good shape. I cant see it falling flat on its face.
  • Klang
    Klang
    Ray fucking Purchase Posts: 17,206
    to be honest, Al, I can't see you struggling to find work even if it did go tits up. So you really have to work out if the extra money and potential for growth as a positive or negative effect on your work life balance.
  • alzer81
    alzer81
    here me now.. Posts: 3,946
    Yeh. Thats what Im trying to figure out. One side of me is saying its a no brainer, I gotta risk it. It'd be sick if i didnt. But then the lazy side of me says 'relax, sit back and enjoy working down the road'. But that is like something a man in his 50s would say. Im not challenged where I am. Im bored.
  • Klang
    Klang
    Not particularly, there is a lot to be said for not spending ten hours a day in a car, not eating your meals on your own in front of the TV etc. But if you want to be challenged at work, that obviously becomes part of your reasoning, and staying put because it is piss easy is something someone who has given up on their career would say.
  • Matt_e11
    Matt_e11
    Grammatically inconsisten Posts: 5,058
    Klang wrote: »
    staying put because it is piss easy is something someone who has given up on their career would say.

Sums me up!

5pm, time to go home!

• Limbo
    Limbo
    Established Norm Posts: 27,226
    Don't sit on your laurels.

Do it.

You'll regret playing it safe.

You have the skills to make a career, maybe not with them, but your body of work will be better. Each increment in your skills/experience is going to be rewarding in a literal and emotional sense. IF it doesn't work out you can find a safe number any time you like.
  • calder12
    calder12
    Senior Member Posts: 13,303 edited December 2016
    Having bad experiences before, the word start-up immediately turns me off. But as others said you've got the skills to land on your feet quickly so there is that to factor in.

Either way good luck Al.
  • jamblo
    jamblo
    Tea Snob Posts: 5,566
    Well thats me persuaded, go for it, AP.
  • alzer81
    alzer81
    Yeh, Im pretty surprised by the response. Haha it started off pretty negative and ended with me having no choice but to take it haha
  • calder12
    calder12
    Senior Member Posts: 13,303
    Yay

camera.jpg
  • alzer81
    alzer81
    I just handed in my notice.
  • johnjpete
    johnjpete
    LOL
    weldo wrote:
    its nice to beat United for a change

Yes it is.

• alzer81
    alzer81
    My illustrations Guidelines project has been selected for the Behance Illustration Gallery! Woop

https://www.behance.net/gallery/46062029/Illustration-Guideline
  • Klang
    Klang
    Aye - really like that.
  • top_buzz
    top_buzz
    For your health! Posts: 6,702
    Nice work!
  • alzer81
    alzer81
    Cheers lads. Had all the info sitting in my head so just wanted to put it out for others to see. Saying that I'm the only illustrator on the team so no one really cares only me haha

Good to get it out on paper so to speak....
  • willtoo
    willtoo
    .O_o. Posts: 2,453
    Nice work Al, congrats on the selection.
  • alzer81
    alzer81
    B)
  • Limbo
    Limbo
    Well done Al
  • Kid.
    Kid.
    watching... Posts: 5,701 edited January 11
    Good stuff Al
  • alzer81
    alzer81
    In fairness, its not that big a thing. It just gives me another chance to show off the project on social media haha
  • StisterMeve
    StisterMeve
    Fucky-do Posts: 6,553
    Going to Anfield next Wednesday for the first time in years. I can't explain how excited I am. It's basically impossible to get tickets, but a friend of a friend couldn't go. In the Kop for the first time too.
  • Limbo
    Limbo
    Nice. I hope to have tickets for both the Bournemouth and Sunderland games, but it's been really tough to get Everton seats that aren't in the shitest view in lower bullens this year (massive allocation of season tickets + koeman/moshiri effect).
  • alzer81
    alzer81
    I got a new job. Its good.
  • LittleMick
    LittleMick
    Congrats Al!

Another? Or the same one you talked about taking before?
  • alzer81
    alzer81
    well u spoke of one in the last month. Its that one. I did recently move to a different job where i lasted 6 months before moving here.
  • LittleMick
    LittleMick
    Sweet, busy man!
  • willtoo
    willtoo
    .O_o. Posts: 2,453
    Congrats Al.
  • alzer81
    alzer81
    Cheers lads. Busy busy.