50 hours for a German trekking Blog: what do you think?

SamuelSchneider
SamuelSchneider
edited May 2016 in Showcase
Hey,

first: I'm not an designer.

I have worked a lot on my blog: http://www.auf-die-zugspitze-wandern.info/
Its a blog about the biggest mountain in germany.

I wanna analyse whats the opinion of the big designer-brains? :-)

The template is based on Genesis Framework and Lifestyle pro (http://my.studiopress.com/themes/lifestyle/). I don't invent a complet new style, but it becomes a lot of changes.

So let me know you oppinion (ahhh - i worked about 50 hours on it :-S)

Thank you for your time!

Comments

• roto
    roto
    |-/ Posts: 12,958
    Wunderbar!
  • handcraftedweb
    handcraftedweb
    thought leader Left coastPosts: 6,817
    The color scheme is too drab and business-like. If you can't come up with a more nature-inspired color scheme I'd just use a plain white background.
  • roto
    roto
    I think the icons should be cornflower blue.
  • handcraftedweb
    handcraftedweb
    Haha, get rid of those icons, they confuse more than they inform.

It's a decent looking site, just not nature enough: the colors and styles don't support the content. Use green (or brown) as an accent color, and try different fonts for the headers (h1, h2, h3 etc.). Think organic - trees, vines, flowers, mountains, waterfalls - when picking fonts and colors.
  • SamuelSchneider
    SamuelSchneider
    Wow thank you very much for your ideas. I will working on it.
  • roto
    roto
    Wunderbar!
  • SamuelSchneider
    SamuelSchneider
    Hey,

i worked on the fonts: whats your oppinion now? :-)

I changed the color of H1,h2,h3 and some fonts. Matched that or looks to overload?

Thank you for your oppinion.
  • handcraftedweb
    handcraftedweb
    The typography is better. There are others here that know more about typography than I do but I think it's a decent pair of typefaces. Give the headers a little more vertical space, play around with that. And again I recommend getting rid of those icons (map, wheelchair, car, etc.) - in a general sense I recommend using text instead of icons whenever you can. And I would try to find a way to not use gray in the background.

It's nice site you put together. But we can pick it apart all you want, if you want.
  • roto
    roto
    www.auf-die-zugspitze-wandern.info is also excruciatingly long. Is it possibly known by another, shorter name?
  • SamuelSchneider
    SamuelSchneider
    edited May 2016
    roto wrote: »
    www.auf-die-zugspitze-wandern.info is also excruciatingly long. Is it possibly known by another, shorter name?

Yes it is long, but i can't and i won't change it. But thank you very much for your oppinion. ;-)
    The typography is better. There are others here that know more about typography than I do but I think it's a decent pair of typefaces. Give the headers a little more vertical space, play around with that. And again I recommend getting rid of those icons (map, wheelchair, car, etc.) - in a general sense I recommend using text instead of icons whenever you can. And I would try to find a way to not use gray in the background.

It's nice site you put together. But we can pick it apart all you want, if you want.

Thank you. Hm what can i do with this icons....? I will think about. Thank you very much.