Photograph album/manager for Mac?

moz
moz
The 1970sPosts: 6,591 in Photography
Hi guys, got a little question for you about a photo management app.

I use Lightroom to edit etc but my wife wants to be able to browse/print photographs and Lightroom is far too daunting for her to handle (and a bit of overkill).

So, I was thinking about getting a simple Mac app where she can arrange them into categories etc and if she wants to she can export them and send them to get printed. I'd like to keep them in dropbox/google drive and access them locally - not interested in online tools like Picasa, just a good old standalone app which makes them into a gallery which she can browse through and print.

I know Apple now has the 'Photos' app but reviews are 50/50 about it, so I thought I'd see if any of you maybe know of little-known apps which would do the trick.

As always, advice most appreciated.

Comments

• Tom
    Tom
    Keeping d*d Happy Posts: 11,595
    Bridge?

Not much good for printing but for quick organisation it's super-easy to view and manage photos.
  • moz
    moz
    The 1970sPosts: 6,591
    Trying to keep away from Adobe to be honest, I've never had much success with Bridge. Just looking at UnBound which would do her for basic browsing.
  • Tom
    Tom
    Keeping d*d Happy Posts: 11,595
    I think I'm the only person in the world that uses Bridge.
  • socreative
    socreative
    deal with it Posts: 8,926
    Fuck bridge. Is Lightroom really that bad? Just tell her to only stick to the Library section