6 portraits of the same man

David
David
Keeping Tom HappyPosts: 12,956 in Photography
Basically a canon ad but I liked the different approaches to photographing the same person

[yt]F-TyPfYMDK8[/yt]

Comments

• handcraftedweb
    handcraftedweb
    thought leader Left coastPosts: 6,799
    Very impressive to overcome alcoholism and become a millionaire after being in prison.
  • steveb
    steveb
    BitterHusk Original™ Järvenpää FinlandPosts: 24,094
    The resulting photographs were not shown long enough to compare but I get the feeling that to be able to appreciate what the photographers were aiming for, you really needed to know a little of the back story. None of them had taken anything much different from what you can get with your iPhone. None of them had any mood, in the artistic sense.

Ah well - advert.
  • David
    David
    Keeping Tom Happy Posts: 12,956
    Seeing the images for longer would have been nice - they are online here
    Photos

I do think they capture a mood, although it's a mixed bag, 'fisherman' and 'alchoholic' aren't up to the quality of the others and convict has a touch of blue steel about him
  • handcraftedweb
    handcraftedweb
    thought leader Left coastPosts: 6,799
    Looks like he was doing a fair amount of acting. I'd would be more interesting if he played the same character, a minimal character that compelled the photographer to impart more.

The facial expressions are given by the actor and selected by the photographer. The color balance is all on the photographer. That cold convict color balance.