best web hosting company?

wolverinejoe80
wolverinejoe80
Senior MemberPosts: 658 in Domains and Webhosting
my client wants to transfer hosting to something premium.

1. needs to be fast(do certain web hosting faster than the others?)
2. good customer service. U.S provider preferred, so i can call them when necessary.

i don't know much about hosting - i've only worked with network solutions, godaddy, and 1and1.

thx in advance!!

*** reason for this is i need to install adserver, and i keep getting internal error. and this same adserver works great on mine(1and1). and the website is very slow. it's the same wordpress theme i use, and it just seems slower.

Comments

• subtlestarling
    subtlestarling
    New Old School Posts: 1,612
    This is probably a good place to start Web Hosting Benchmarks & Coupons

Depending on what you mean by premium of course.

A safe bet for you would probably be something like mediatemple I think
  • wolverinejoe80
    wolverinejoe80
    Senior Member Posts: 658
    thx. i'm not sure what i'm looking at though. lol

and i'm not sure. i just want a reputable place with no complaints. don't care if it is more $. so mediatemple is good? what would be mediatemple's rival?
  • wolverinejoe80
    wolverinejoe80
    this is what my client is using right now
    Web Hosting by PowWeb - One Plan, One Price

anybody using media temple grid web hosting?
    Website hosting packages, prices and web services - Media Temple
  • subtlestarling
    subtlestarling
    Good way to find competitors is to type 'xxxx vs' in google, so try typing mediatemple vs and see what the autocomplete shows. This works with pretty much anything by the way.

I don't really use cpanels etc anymore so I can't really comment on fully managed solutions, but MT is traditionally a very safe bet if a bit more expensive.

I've worked with grid hosting a bit, it's okay. Would be a step up from what you're used to I think.
  • wolverinejoe80
    wolverinejoe80
    thx. MT is high up so far. just looks like it would be great for wordpress.

i just want something blazing fast. the wordpress website i made did have all the goodies (total cache, etc), but it still seems so slow.
  • wolverinejoe80
    wolverinejoe80
    hm. they charge $150 for moving. is this optional?
    Site Mover: Move your website without the hassle - Media Temple
  • subtlestarling
    subtlestarling
    Yeah, you can do it yourself of course (if you know how).

You'll find any cheap host is slow unless you do a lot of research &/or most of the work yourself. This is because they are targeting people that value cheapness over anything else.
  • wolverinejoe80
    wolverinejoe80
    hm. i like the idea about not worrying about 'downtime'. i'm not good at this stuff anyway, so i'll just make my client pay $150.
  • slate
    slate
    Senior Member Posts: 6,137
    Your sites are likely slow because you are installing hacked together themes, and plugins at a whim, expecting them to run like well oiled machines. Throwing the cost back at your clients when they don't preform as they should.

You're a class act.
  • wolverinejoe80
    wolverinejoe80
    oh come on. i'm getting little tired of your lecture. i'm getting the job done and my clients are happy. zero complaints. 8 years and counting. 250 clients. not a one single complaint. all of them have either my ridiculous table websites or wordpress.

websites i've made works flawlessly and some of them are ranked 1st page in google with various top interior related keywords SEO is much more important for them than the way i make my website. type in 'best interior designer in miami' or any other keywords with miami and you will see my template made website being ranked #1. my other client is ranked #1 in pet photography in san francisco.

and SEO helps their business much more so then making their websites properly coded. and i just gotten into SEO, and now i can command 30-50% more $. so since i'm never gonna be able to make my own wordpress theme, i would rather focus on business side and really try to help them ranked high. my new venture.

and i use the same exact theme(you've seen it already), but it's much faster on my other websites then this particular website. and i installed same ad server(revive) to 2 other websites, and works flawlessly. so definitely that cheapo hosting place has some issues i don't want to deal with.

and nothing wrong with client wanting something better. and if he is not happy with my website and service, then he can simply hire better designer than me. he is loaded. and he wants absolutely zero downtime. i don't want to risk it doing it on my own.
  • calder12
    calder12
    Senior Member Posts: 13,491
    The whole concept of SEO just pisses me off.
  • zcrafts
    zcrafts
    Banned Posts: 34
    my client wants to transfer hosting to something premium.

1. needs to be fast(do certain web hosting faster than the others?)
    2. good customer service. U.S provider preferred, so i can call them when necessary.

i don't know much about hosting - i've only worked with network solutions, godaddy, and 1and1.

thx in advance!!

*** reason for this is i need to install adserver, and i keep getting internal error. and this same adserver works great on mine(1and1). and the website is very slow. it's the same wordpress theme i use, and it just seems slower.

Few host I can personally recommend are :

Webhost UK
    Rshosting
    or
    Webhosting UK
  • David
    David
    Keeping Tom Happy Posts: 12,956
    oh come on. i'm getting little tired of your lecture. i'm getting the job done and my clients are happy. zero complaints. 8 years and counting. 250 clients. not a one single complaint. all of them have either my ridiculous table websites or wordpress.

websites i've made works flawlessly and some of them are ranked 1st page in google with various top interior related keywords SEO is much more important for them than the way i make my website. type in 'best interior designer in miami' or any other keywords with miami and you will see my template made website being ranked #1. my other client is ranked #1 in pet photography in san francisco.

and SEO helps their business much more so then making their websites properly coded. and i just gotten into SEO, and now i can command 30-50% more $. so since i'm never gonna be able to make my own wordpress theme, i would rather focus on business side and really try to help them ranked high. my new venture.

and i use the same exact theme(you've seen it already), but it's much faster on my other websites then this particular website. and i installed same ad server(revive) to 2 other websites, and works flawlessly. so definitely that cheapo hosting place has some issues i don't want to deal with.

and nothing wrong with client wanting something better. and if he is not happy with my website and service, then he can simply hire better designer than me. he is loaded. and he wants absolutely zero downtime. i don't want to risk it doing it on my own.

Sorry Joe, all I read there was I know I'm a charlatan but luckily my clients are clueless enough not to notice

pay someone else to code your sites properly and focus on the business side instead
  • azazqadir
    azazqadir
    Cloudways is one of the best hosting providers I have ever came across. They provide easy installation of application cloud thanks to their platfor. Apart from that, they have Free SSL installation in one click, Git Deployment, 24/7 support, powerful stack, and great server management and system administration. They are currently offering their hosting for free for 1 month if you use this coupon code: JULY4US
  • Informator
    Informator
    Registered User Posts: 7
    If you want to avoid some troubles - the best way is avoid EIG brands as per reviews their support is not really fast and good enough. I can suggest you trying to use Hostwinds. They are USA based company and not under EIG umbrella and have decent service.
  • mikebarbaro
    mikebarbaro
    PittsburghPosts: 3
    Hostmonster.com is based in Utah
This discussion has been closed.
© Copyright 2003 - 2016 - DT by Kooc Media